Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Creative Cancer




October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Creative Shell is donating 20% of all proceeds to the cause throughout October!
The month will finish with a 27km walk (the 7 bridges walk) to raise money for the cancer council. All donations are very much appreciated - you could help save a life!

(Click here to donate)


My Mum's Story
18 years ago my Mum was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer, and was told her chances of survival were slim.
The survival rate for a woman who is diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer over a span of 5 years is about 16 to 20%. The odds were slim but she has not only survived 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, but 18 years!! She still isn't cured because It can always come back. But it is an absolute miracle that she is alive today! That is my motivation for the 7 Bridges Walk!
She is unable to do the walk herself, so I want to do it for her and raise money for others who have suffered and are suffering like my Mum did!

Myself, Mum & my brother xx




No comments:

Post a Comment